Friday, January 4, 2013

Green Smoothie Recipe

I drink this in the morning after a glass of cold water, and after a workout.

2 cups kale
1 cup spinach
2 stalks celery
1 green apple
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 cup frozen berries
1/2 cup water

Makes 1.5 L of green swamp juice! Once I used blueberries instead of strawberries/raspberries and it turned a "delicious" brown color. Last time I added 2 kiwis, which made it taste a lot sweeter. I think it's cool to put whatever you want in there, but try to keep the kale, spinach, celery, for the nutrients and fiber, and the lemon juice for its alkalizing power. Store in a glass jar to avoid plastic leaching into it.

In other news I did not do well today. I made avocado egg rolls for my sister and ended up eating 2. Then I fell asleep before working out! Double dose of Insanity tomorrow. Fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment