Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ramen and Double Insanity

I just got out of the shower after doing double Insanity. I had to pick it up because I am also planning on visiting a new ramen shop tonight with my sister. While she's here, I have more excuses to eat poorly! Anyway, this morning I did:

Cardio Abs
Cardio Strength and Resistance
Cardio Recovery
Cardio Abs

It was surprisingly less hard than I thought it would be. I was completely wiped out by the end of Strength and Resistance, so I took 5 minutes and washed my face and stuff. At that point my mind was contemplating stopping there, just counting yesterday as my recovery day, blah blah blah, but my fingers pushed the next DVD in anyway. Luckily, Recovery is not too intense and it was the workout I missed yesterday so we're still on track. I redid Abs at the end because of ramen.

I don't know if this is healthy, but on days when I'm planning on eating something I really enjoy that is high in calories, I try to sharply reduce what I eat for the rest of the day. For example, I wasn't planning on eating anything this morning, but then I thought I had better get my metabolism going so I had:

8 oz green juice
1/4 cup quinoa with 1/8 cup homemade tomato sauce
2 Brussels sprouts
2 tablespoons blueberries

This all totaled about 200 calories. I'm not sure if it was the right move, but honestly I really wanted to finish up the tomato sauce and that's what got me started. When I start eating, it's so easy to continue, and I really need to work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment